December 16, 2005

I am not a blogger.

Just because I have climbed on to the self-importance train and starting dropping words here every now and then doesn't make me anything I can quite label just yet. I am certainly not a blogger. Maybe someday this status will change, but right now I feel clarifications are in order.

A friend was making fun of my misuse of the word "blogroll". He says it's blogspeak for a list of links. Hey, that's cool. I made up a word that already existed. You see, I didn't know there was such a word, and when I "invented" it again, I sort of intended it to be a throwback to elementary days. Days when our teachers took roll and you'd raise your hand or say here, or as was more my speed, race down the hall a couple minutes late hoping you got there before she'd sent the attendance list to the office. I used it earlier, and intend on continuing to use it as a description of my birthday series. Those who know me know I like to make up words at will, and when the applicability strikes, I use them. So, I am not a blogger. I simply don't think I need to color within the lines of the dictionary.

When I thought about it further too, I realized I patently disagree with the friend who thinks that my use is all wrong even in the traditional sense. My blogroll is, or will be a collection of links, unclickable perhaps, but points that punctuate the very heart of my story.

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2005 11:49 PM, Blogger Philanthropist said...

How about "When She Was Bad." Can you write about that, even though you are not a blogger? Blogroll...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home