December 02, 2005

Take Another Step And Your Life Won't Be Worth Sh*t

Once again the press has brought the issue of capital punishment under their unforgiving microscope. This is a topic I could discuss at length but I will save that for another night when I really want to cause a little uproar. Right now I wanted to keep my comment simple.

I often hear arguments against the death penalty that seem to react to the idea that it is an unfair sentence imposed by the government, or perhaps more ominously, the State. I felt I had to post this article which exemplifies to me the fact that seems to be missing in the debate a lot of the time. It isn't the institution but rather 'We the People' who make these decisions.

I believe that if the people of some states want to take a strong stand against particularly violent acts and individuals, then they should be allowed to draw a line in the sand and make examples out of those who so egregiously disregard the lives of others. Nobody wins in the face of such ugliness, but somewhere along the way you can make a point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home