November 07, 2005

Looking For GOOD Homes For My Three Latest Charges




One of the things that redeems me in life are my attempts to rescue strays and help out with local TNR efforts. Here are three new friends I picked up in my backyard two days ago, affectionately known as Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail after Peter Rabbit's siblings. They are old enough to eat on their own, but young enough that despite their fear, they still fall asleep in your arms as you rub them. They all have blue to blue-gray eyes and are each beautiful in their own right, as you can see by the pictures. They are quickly grasping the concept of a litterbox, and need loving parents ASAP.

A little update: after several name changes and still no leads on permanent homes, Tom Kitten, the little brown one, is living in my room. He was suffering from a respiratory infection and needed to be separated from the other two for a while. He's on Zithromax, and is quite the trooper. He stays at my feet so much so that I must take care to walk very slowly through through the room, and spends hours enthralled in a little ball with a bell and playing with my hands, or jumping on the laptop when I try to type with him on my bed. Could the bulldogge-girl be having some sort of crisis of the kitty kind?


2 Comments:

At November 22, 2005 7:10 PM, Blogger Shavonne said...

Those kittens are so dang cute. I wish I didn't have dogs. I get one of them in a heartbeat.

 
At February 11, 2009 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Wesley Brown and i would like to show you my personal experience with Zithromax.

I am 45 years old. Have been on Zithromax for 2 days now. I took this drug (generic azithro 500 mg bid) to get rid of an 2+ week old sinus infection that did not clear with decongestants and antihistamines. The drug made a substantial difference within 2 days. I'm a physician and needed to return to work, and the tiredness was just excessive, so I stopped the drug after 48-72 hours. The infection did not return. I would take this drug again if I needed to kill off an infection. I don't expect to feel good all the time. If a drug is making me healthy in a particular way, it's up to me to weigh that benefit against the cost of side effects.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Fatigue. I just didn't want to move or get out of bed while on the drug; it was a bit hard to figure out that this was an effect of the medication rather than the sinusitis. Otherwise I was fine.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Wesley Brown

 

Post a Comment

<< Home